BEACH PARTY by R.L. Stine

PUBLISHER: Scholastic, August 1990
GENRE: Young Adult Fiction/Horror
SETTING: California, USA
SERIES: Point Horror, # 8
PURCHASE: link
MY GRADE: C

FROM PUBLISHER: It's the ultimate beach party in California. And Karen, who's just broken up with her boyfriend, is going to enjoy every minute of it--especially having two new guys who like her. But the party takes a nasty turn when Karen realizes someone is out to spoil the fun by getting rid of her.












MY THOUGHTS: I didn't like the beginning of this book at all because it was too beachy for me. I didn't like so many new characters being introduced so quickly. I started to like the story once it got going and the incidents started happening. The characters didn't remind me of high school teens like they were but of young adults. I don't think adults know how to write teen characters at all. Karen wasn't the greatest friend, always making her own plans when she's got a house guest in from another state. The male characters were all the same and I couldn't tell one from the other. The only thing that made this seem dated was the clothing descriptions. I didn't guess the villain at all, or the twist.



No comments: